Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ron Watkins Underwater Photography Solo Exhibit - Cave Creek


Please come out to the Desert Foothills Library and join me for the celebration of the Cave Creek Film and Arts Festival winning artists on Friday, January 14th from 5:00 – 6:30.  The Desert Foothills Library is located at 38443 N. School House Road in Cave Creek, Arizona.   This reception with wine, cheese and music kicks off the winning artist solo exhibits which will be on display until March 11, 2011.  My solo exhibit which features 20 underwater images is a result of my first place finish in the adult photography category of the 2010 Cave Creek Film and Arts Festival.  I was also honored with the people’s choice award for best artist of the festival.  My winning photograph, titled “Paddles Up”, will be featured in the exhibit.  The underwater image is of the children of Pura Island, Indonesia free diving with their dugout canoe in the background.  The exhibit will also include underwater marine life photography as well as underwater portraits of children from the All Wet Portraits collection.  I look forward to seeing you at the reception.

No comments: