The Cave Creek Film and Arts Festival is a celebration and promotion of the arts in Cave Creek, Arizona. Each year, there are hundreds of entries in categories ranging from film, visual arts, choreography, original song, poetry, short story and photography. Up for grabs, are the coveted Golden Coyote awards and cash prizes in each category. The photography category was juried by Peter Ensenberger, Director of Photography for Arizona Highways magazine and local artist Atalanta Knathbull. Jerry Sieve Chaired the photography category for the second straight year. This year they also introduced a People’s Choice Award to recognize the Community’s favorite artist across all categories.
At the annual gala held on July 17th, I was honored to be awarded first prize and the Golden Coyote award in the Adult Photography category and the 2010 People’s Choice award. The winning image was titled “Paddles Up” and as an added bonus, I will get a solo photography exhibit at the Desert Foothills Library in Cave Creek. Thank you to all who supported me at the photography showcase and voted for “Paddles Up.”
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
It is referred to as a working vacation and this is a sample of the daily schedule:
- Eat (the food at Little Cayman Beach Resort was awesome and the staff so friendly)
- 2 tank dive in the morning with some great dive guides)
- Workshops on underwater photography techniques, post process and related topics led by Berkley White and Todd Sloss.
- Optional dive instead of the workshop or dusk/night after the workshop
- Eat and hang out at the bar (the main gathering place on the whole island)
- Nightly picture review on the custom built “Big Screen”
- Review, organization and post processing of images from the day
- More time at the bar socializing
- Catch a few hours of sleep and repeat
Anyone interested in improving their photo skills, trying out the latest equipment, making new friends, doing some great diving and having the chance to win some truly spectacular prizes should attend the next Digital shootout which will be held in Bonaire in June 2011. Maybe I will see you there…
Posted by Ron Watkins at 11:52 AM