Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cave Creek Film and Arts Festival First Place

On the evening of July 18th as I slept in my little bunk aboard the Shear Water somewhere in the Bahamian waters in search of Tiger Sharks, my wife Heidi was accepting the Golden Coyote Award for my first place Photograph in the 4th annual Cave Creek Film and Arts Festival. I knew I was a finalist before setting sail, but unfortunately was unable to attend the Golden Coyote Awards Festival. I learned that I had won after we docked back in West Palm Beach and actually got my hands on the Golden Coyote a few days later. It is a great honor to win this award and I am very grateful to all of the long hours the volunteers put into this event. It was especially cool because a good friend of mine Gil actually hand makes each of the Golden Coyote statues and I had seen them in his studio weeks earlier midway through the process. You can read the entire press release by clicking here. This is my winning image.
"Raja Ampat Turtle"


No comments: