Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DEEP Indonesia International Underwater Photography Competition

This month, one of my photographs titled “Underwater Taggers” won a Bronze in the 2009 DEEP Indonesia international underwater photography & video competition, hosted by DivePhotoGuide & Wetpixel. The image, was one of a reef scene that I wished I had never seen and could not believe the senseless act of vandals. The image taken off of the coast of Bali was entered in the Environment and Conservation category which strives to make people aware of the damage that is being done to reefs and marine life as well as conservation acts around the globe. Unfortunately because of the depth of this sponge, it could have only been done by divers and that makes it even worse because the diving community is one of the reefs greatest advocates. I can't imagine what goes through someones mind to think that this act would actually be cool to do. I hope that next year I don't have any images of this type of scene to enter.

No comments: