Friday, January 30, 2009

Great Macro Opportunities in the Singapore Airport

My journey has begun and I am finishing up my 12 hour layover in Singapore. I arrived here after a 13 hour flight to Korea and then 6 hour flight to Singapore. Sounds worse then it was as the plane was not full and everyone got their own row to stretch out. That, a good book, movies and Ambien pass the time well. After a 6 hour sleep at the Singapore airport transit hotel, I wondered around the BEST airport in the world. After several trips here in the past years, I finally found the Butterfly garden in Term 3. First I just walked around and took in the over 20 species of butterflies. My Photog urges started so I unpacked the camera and equipped myself with a 105mm. The possibilities were endless and I spent over an hour brushing up on my macro techniques which will help in my first stop of Lembeh. Well go t to go and catch the Manado flight.

Here are some of the shots form the Butterfly Garden:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie is looking forward to seeing the butterfly pics. Bet they are beatiful. I gave you calender to Charlie O'Brian here at the condo. His Son is a professional photographer too. He is the one one that bought my diving helmet and old fire extinguishers for props. Enjoy you trip and stay safe. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Like fine wine, you are getting better all the time. - Norm